THE KITCHEN SERIES: ULTIMATE COACHELLA RECIPE ROUNDUP
IT'S COACHELLA TIME!!!!!!! We've given up on trying to play it cool - we're really excited. While we can't play it cool, we CAN tell you how to stay cool and satisfied with these Coachella inspired recipes. For our first recipe, we are bring the flavors of the Coachella Valley to your kitchen with these Blackberry Mint Limeade popsicles. Filled with antioxidants and fresh mint leaves, the popsicles are a quick and easy way to stay cool in the 90 degree Coachella heat.
BLACKBERRY MINT LIMEADE POPSICLES
Lime: Limes are 90% water. They have no fat, no cholesterol, and are high in fiber when you leave the pulp in your lime juice!
Mint: Rosmarinic Acid (relieves seasonal allergy symptoms), prevents nipple pain for first time mothers who are breastfeeding, and aids in both indigestion and stomach inflammation.
Blackberry: Vitamin C, Fiber!
- TEN LIMES
- 4 - 6 TBSP SUGAR (Add more to taste…we did)
- 8 BLACKBERRIES (more if you want)
- 2 CUPS ICE
- ONE BUNCH OF MINT LEAVES
- FOR SOME EXTRA FUN, TRY ADDING ONE SHOT OF MALIBU PER POPSICLE
- Juice limes using a lime squeezer or juicer
- Blend lime juice, sugar, ice, and mint leaves
- Add sugar to taste
- Place an equal number of blackberries in each popsicle mold and then fill each mold with mint limeade.
- Freeze for approximately 2 hours or until completely frozen.
- Serve and enjoy!