THE KITCHEN SERIES: QUICK AND EASY VEGETABLE SALAD
Because we had such a wonderful reaction regarding the ingredients of our Chicken and Vegetable Soup, we wanted to share another one of our favorite healthy hair recipes that includes many of the same ingredients! While many believe that they must add sugar, cream, butter, and salt to achieve flavor, the most flavorful foods are right in your back garden. Our quick and easy Vegetable salad is packed with vitamins, antioxidants, and lots of flavor.
QUICK AND EASY VEGETABLE SALAD
Avocado: Monounsaturated healthy fat, omega 3. Vitamins K, C, E, B5, B6, and Potassium. Avocados promote hair growth. Vitamins B and E work at the cellular level to help protect and strengthen hair.
Walnuts: Omega 3 fats, Copper, Magnesium, Biotin. Walnuts are known for their cancer fighting properties, heart health promotion, and powerful antioxidants.
Brussels Sprouts: Great source of protein, Iron, and Potassium. Brussels sprouts promote the health of teeth and gums as well as promoting strong hair and healthy, glowing skin.
Sweet Potato: Vitamin A (beta-carotene), Vitamin C, Manganese, Copper, and Vitamin b6. Great source of dietary fiber and phosphorous. Sweet Potatoes are anti inflammatory and improve blood sugar regulation.
- 4 cups LEAFY GREENS (We used Brussels Sprouts, Kale, Broccoli Stalk, Green Cabbage, and Radicchio)
- 1 handful of RAW WALNUTS
- 1 cup of COOKED CHICKEN (we used pre cooked rotisserie Chicken from Whole Foods)
- 1 cup chopped SWEET POTATO
- 4 tbsp OLIVE OIL
- 2-3 tbsp BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- 1 sliced AVOCADO
1. Sautee chicken with sweet potato until sweet potatoes are soft and cooked through.
2. Add to leafy greens
3. Toss with walnuts, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar