THE KITCHEN SERIES: POACHED SALMON AND ARUGULA SALAD
We are getting scarily close to bikini season, y'all. Time to kick it up with the healthy and delicious cooking. This flavorful pescatarian salad is so easy that it can be made in under fifteen minutes. With only four main ingredients, this salad packs a major punch with antioxidants, healthy fats, and vitamins.
POACHED SALMON AND ARUGULA SALAD
Salmon: Amino Acid Taurine, Vitamins B12, B6, D, and Selenium. Great source of Omega 3, Protein, and Phosphorous.
Olive Oil: Contains Oleic Acid (A Monounsaturated, omega 9 fatty acid). Promotes proper balance of total cholesterol in the body. Phytonutrients in Olive Oil work to reduce inflammation as well as promote hair growth.
Arugula: Contains over 50% of the recommended daily dose of Vitamins K, C, and Calcium. Boosts immune strength and increases blood flow.
- 4 cups ARUGULA
- 100 grams SALMON (one small sized fillet)
- 2 tbsp OLIVE OIL
- Lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste
1. Add 2 cups of water to a pan and bring to a boil.
2. Place salmon fillet into pan and sprinkle with sea salt.
3. Cover and let simmer for fifteen minutes.
4. Flake salmon into arugula and toss with olive oil. Add lemon, salt, and pepper to taste. Toss a final time and serve.