THE KITCHEN SERIES: RECIPES FOR HEALTHY HAIR. CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE SOUP
Here at Octavio Hair HQ, we believe that healthy hair is not only a result of what you put in your hair, but what you put in your body. One of the main issues a lot of people have with healthy cooking is the fact that it can be a lot messier than opening up a box of crackers or microwaving a TV dinner. We believe in the benefits of clean eating so much that we have created a series that eliminates the mess and stress of creating flavorful dishes that benefit your body and satisfy your taste buds. So we present the Kitchen Series, a group of blog posts with recipes to give you the hair of your dreams. We picked out the best ingredients filled with the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that will have you glowing from the inside out.
CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE SOUP
Kale: Fiber to aid in digestion and detoxing the body, Iron, Magnesium, Vitamins K, A, C, and Calcium.
Carrot: Vitamins A, C, K, BA, Iron, Copper, Potassium, Manganese. Carrots are detoxifying, anti aging. They reduce cholesterol and boost the immune system.
Celery: Vitamins K, A, and C. Celery is benefit for both the cardiovascular system and the digestive tract.
Red Onion: Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamins K, C, and B6. Red Onions prevent chronic diseases, protects against stomach, prostate, and colon cancer.
Garlic: Contains Allicin, a compound containing potent medicinal properties. Garlic is known to boost the immune system and have a significant impact on reducing blood pressure.
Sweet Potato: Vitamin A (beta-carotene), Vitamin C, Manganese, Copper, and Vitamin b6. Great source of dietary fiber and phosphorous. Sweet Potatoes are anti inflammatory and improve blood sugar regulation.
- 1 LB CHICKEN BREAST
- 1/2 cup CELERY
- 1/2 cup CARROT
- 1/2 cup ONION
- 1/2 cup ONION
- 1 shallot GARLIC
- 3 tbsp OLIVE OIL
- 4 cups VEGETABLE BROTH
- 2 cups KALE
- 1 cup DICED TOMATOES
- 3/4 cup chopped SWEET POTATOES
- 1 1/2 cup FINGERLING POTATOES
- CHOP VEGETABLES INTO SMALL PIECES
- CLEAN CHICKEN BY RINSING WITH WATER AND THEN CUT INTO CUBES
- SAUTEE GARLIC AND OLIVE OIL IN MEDIUM SIZED SOUP POT FOR THREE TO FIVE MINUTES
- ADD CUBED CHICKEN AND STIR UNTIL BROWNED
- ADD CELERY, ONION, CARROT AS WELL AS SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE. COVER AND SIMMER FOR TEN MINUTES
- ADD VEGETABLE BROTH, TOMATOES, POTATOES, AND CILANTRO TO TASTE. BRING TO A BOIL, AND THEN FOLLOW BY SIMMERING ON LOW HEAT FOR TWENTY MINUTES.
- ADD KALE RIGHT BEFORE SERVING.
For a shinier and healthier hair shop the entire collect of #OCTAVIOHAIR products, free of sulfates, parabens, no animal testing and Made in Los Angeles, California.